Do you have a succession case or need probate procedures in Germany?
German attorney-at-Law, German Certified Inheritance Lawyer and Certified Tax Lawyer, Dr. Marcus Hosser, who also is a Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner, is ready to assist you.
Contact German attorney-at-law Dr. Marcus Hosser via our contact form if you have any questions.
Areas of expertise:
- Procedures before German probate courts (Nachlassverfahren)
- Application for a German certificate of inheritance or heirship (Erbschein)
- Application for German certificate of executorship (Testamentsvollstreckerzeugnis)
- Application for a European succession certificate (europ. Nachlasszeugnis)
- Representation before German civil courts and in extra court proceedings
- Estate litigation in Germany before German civil courts in Southwest Germany
- Contentious estates, disputes between heirs/beneficiaries outside courts
- Assistance with the execution of a last will which concerns assets in Germany
- Compulsory portion (Pflichtteil) or share pursuant to German inheritance laws
- Assessment of legal claims pursuant to German inheritance law, like special legacy
- Assistance with estate administration by executors from abroad
- Legal advice about the German law community of heirs (Erbengemeinschaft)
- Correspondence with banks, insurance companies or authorities in Germany
- Advice about European Succession Regulation and its scope of applicability
- Determination of applicable inheritance law for assets in the German estate
- Assistance with settling or administration of a German estate or an inheritance
- Attendance/assistance with winding up an estate in other countries than Germany
- Lifetime gifts or transfers to Germany-based beneficiaries or donees in Germany
- Anticipated successions-planning for German assets or Germany-based donors
International Inheritance and inheritance tax law
- German inheritance tax (similar with estate tax) issues
- Estate planning in the field of inheritance taxation in Germany
- Double Taxation Conventions in the field of German inheritance tax / gift tax
- Advice for executors and/or administrators about tax duties in Germany
- Taxation in Germany of lifetime gifts or transfers to beneficiaries or donees
- Representation before German fiscal courts (only for inheritance and gift tax)
- Double taxation in the field of German inheritance tax and German gift tax
- Mitigation of double taxation of gifts through Double Taxation Treaties
More than 17 years of experience
These facts will help you with a German inheritance and guide you in taking the necessary actions
Find answers to the most common questions on German probate law
Get in touch
Our Services and Image Video
We offer our prospective customers a brief orientation by phone in order to learn more about your legal needs and also to introduce ourselves and our services to you more personally.
Once you have chosen us as your legal counsel, you can benefit from video conferences with us.
For a video conference, which will be scheduled in advance, you merely need a webcam and at least a regular data transmission rate.
Our law firm provides the video conferencing service.
How we work – scope and cornerstone
Phone call for orientation about cornerstone
Communication in English or German
Dr. Hosser is fluent in English and conducts video-calls and emails in English.
German Inheritance & inheritance tax issues
Dr. Hosser is a German Certified Inheritance Lawyer and Certified Tax Lawyer.
Video conferencing for clients
We offer video conferencing in addition to phone calls and email. Our law firm provides the video conferencing system.
Current client testimonial
“The legal competence of Dr. Hosser and his team is absolutely top notch; never missing the slightest bit of nuance and analyzing the various aspects of the situation from all angles.
We could not have asked for a more responsive and considerate law firm. Reply time was always within a few hours and never more than 24 hours. Marcus and his team were always there for us. This has been a very emotional time for us and he and his team’s understanding of our needs were so much appreciated.
Marcus and his team’s knowledge of the Law was what made it all possible to set this case on the right track and that quickly, as well as the ability to analyze all aspects of the case and acting on the best method of approach.
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hosser without any reservation! He and his team should be the first law firm to be considered. You will never be disappointed.“
You can find more testimonials here.
If you have questions, contact us via our contact form.