Customers from abroad can book an initial consultation with Dr. Marcus Hosser in order to learn to know his first impressions about the case and also how our law office works.
Request an initial consultation
We offer our customers from abroad an initial consultation with Dr. Hosser in order to allow them to make their decision about the assignment of our law office on a well-informed basis. The customer can discuss the facts and at least some of the legal circumstances of possible relevance for the case of succession with the expert for international inheritance cases, Dr. Marcus Hosser, TEP.
The statutory fee for an initial consultation in complicated matters is EUR 249.90 with German Value Added Tax included.* We accept PayPal and all major credit cards for this payment. No international money transfer is needed.
To request a consultation, please click “Buy now” and follow the checkout process. Please make sure to leave your email address and phone number. We will contact you in a timely manner after a settlement of our invoice for the initial consultation.
This is what you can expect and what you mainly will get for your payment:
- Initial consultation (Erstberatung) either by video-call or by phone call
- Up to 45 minutes initial consultation with Dr. Marcus Hosser, TEP
- Discussion of the case´s facts and circumstances with an expert
- Preliminary impression of an expert as regards your position and chances
- Secure video-meeting with the GotoMeeting-system provided by us, or
- Our calling the customer (costs are covered through 20-Euro fee).
Different from the common practice in the US or Canada, such initial consultations with a German attorney-at-law are not for free, but the beginning of the consultation.
For international succession cases, it would not be realistic to assume that all of the legal questions in relation to the German estate or inheritance can be answered in a brief (video-)call of up to 45 minutes. Our law office´s assignment after the first orientation consultation will most likely still be required. Basically, we cannot study any documents prior to an initial consultation. If a document in certain special cases is study exceptionally required, the 45 minutes meeting-time will be reduced by the time for our document-studies.
Our experience is that the facts and circumstances´ discussion with an expert, in most cases is by far more valuable to the customer than our reading through documents, especially because the maximum meeting-time of 45 minutes for an initial consultation, anyhow is rather short, even for less complicated international succession cases.
* The 249.90 Euros embrace the maximum statutory fee for an initial consultation by a German attorney-at-law in a complex international inheritance case’s context of Euro 210 and a 20 Euros flat-fee for disbursements for telecommunication etc., in each case plus German Value Added Tax of currently 19 per cent (must be charged for all constellations, as we can be held liable for charging the German Value Added Tax).